Ready to make a difference in your community?
Image: Helen, Claire & Julie Volunteering for the Birregurra Community Health Centre (2023)
Volunteering at Colac Area Health
At Colac Area Health, volunteers play an invaluable role in supporting our consumers and making a positive impact in our community.
Volunteers work hand-in-hand with us across various departments, complementing the care provided by our staff, to enhance the comfort and wellbeing of patients and their loved ones.
“A few minutes every week or two can really change a person’s mood and outlook.”
Volunteers can be found in many areas across our health service including aged care, administration and Miller House. They also help out in areas such as palliative care, community visiting programs and client transport.
Supporting Our Volunteers
We understand the importance of providing our volunteers with the necessary tools to thrive. That’s why we offer a comprehensive orientation program, ongoing training and learning opportunities tailored to your designated area. You’ll also receive support in your role from the Volunteer Coordinator and your Department Manager, ensuring you feel confident and comfortable within our workplace.
Are You Ready to Make a Difference?
If you’re passionate about contributing to quality community care and enjoy connecting with people from diverse backgrounds, we want to hear from you! Our ideal volunteer embodies our core values of respect, integrity, and compassion. They are reliable, punctual, and maintain a professional appearance. As part of our team, you’ll collaborate with others and take direction from your supervisor.
We are currently recruiting for the following positions:
- Do Care 1:1 Visitors
- Gardeners – Gardening Group
- Activity Assistants – Miller House & Corangamarah
- Client Transport Drivers
- Colac Area Health Foundation Events Team
- Community Palliative Care volunteer
The Path to Volunteering
Ready to take the next step?
Simply complete our Application Form (Here), and we’ll reach out to you for a face-to-face interview. We’ll also contact your references to get a better understanding of your skills and suitability. If selected, we’ll guide you through the following process:
- Sign essential documents: Code of Conduct, Confidentiality Agreement, and optionally, a media release agreement.
- Complete a Police Check, which we’ll cover the cost of and handle the paperwork.
- Obtain a ‘Working with Children’
- Attend an informative Orientation session to ensure you’re well-prepared for your volunteer journey.
- Volunteers must provide proof of COVID & Influenza vaccination status.
It’s time to make a real impact in our community. Join our team of dedicated volunteers at Colac Area Health today!