We appreciate the importance of you being able to visit your loved ones and keeping them safe. In order to maintain safety for our patients, our community and our colleagues the hospital visiting regulations are as follows:
2.00 to 4.00 pm – Ward – Please enter through Reception.
10.00 am to 4.00 pm – Corangamarah
Who can visit?
You can visit a patient:
- if it is an end-of life visit
- if the patient is ill with a life-threatening condition
- to provide essential care and support necessary for the patient’s emotional and physical wellbeing
- if the patient is under 18 and you are the patient’s parent or guardian
- if the patient has a mental illness or is living with dementia and you are their nominated person
- if you are required to support the patient upon their discharge
- if the patient is pregnant or giving birth and you are their partner
Who cannot visit?
You cannot visit the hospital if:
- have tested positive for COVID-19
- have had contact with someone who has COVID-19 in the previous 7 days if fully vaccinated and not a close contact, or in the previous 14 days if not fully vaccinated or a close contact
- have COVID-19 symptoms
- are waiting for a COVID-19 test result
- are under 16 unless you’re providing end-of-life support
How many people can visit at any one time?
Each patient can have up to two visitors at a time unless the dependants of a visitor (or patient in hospital) are in the visitor group and care for the dependants cannot be arranged.
What are the conditions of entry?
- Hospital visitors must be fully vaccinated or if not fully vaccinated show evidence of a negative result from a rapid antigen test taken on the day of the visit.
- Rapid antigen tests will be provided at the hospital.
- Visitors over the age of 8
- Must wear a face mask at ALL times
- Visitors over the age of 18 who are not vaccinated
- Must wear a N95 mask at ALL times
- Inability to follow these regulations will result in your being asked to leave the hospital property. We appreciate your patience and assistance in Keeping Colac Safe.
Visitors to Corangamarah are limited to a maximum of 5 visitors per resident, per day.