The Pharmacy department at Colac Area Health is a fully comprehensive medication service. We have an enthusiastic team comprising of Pharmacists and Pharmacy Technicians.
Our services include:
- Safe and timely supply of medication
- Monitoring and minimising side effects
- Providing medication information to the health care team such as doctors, nurses and allied health professionals
- Patient medication advise and counselling
- Dispensing of medications for inpatients and outpatient clinics
- Supply of specialised medication for Hospital in the Home and Cancer Therapy patients
- Presentations for rehabilitation programs such as Cardiac and Lung clinics
- Visiting patients in their home after discharge. Our aim is to ensure safe medication management and prevent re-admission to hospital
- Delivery and supply of specialised medications from Barwon Health
- When admitted to the hospital you will not be charged for medicines used during your stay. Upon discharge the doctors may write a prescription which may be filled at the hospital pharmacy or your regular community pharmacy.
- We charge the same PBS co-payment as community pharmacies, so please ensure you present your concession card on arrival.
- Note that ALL discharge medication costs can contribute to your safety net threshold for the calendar year, we may print out a report on request.
As a teaching hospital we take students throughout the year for allocated university placements. For students interested in experiencing work in a regional hospital we invite you to visit the SHPA website to register for a summer student placement at the end of the year.
- Galvin McMarthy Building – Main reception entrance.
- The pharmacy window is beside Clinical Labs pathology. Please press the buzzer next to the window to be serviced.