Colac Area Health provides General Counselling for men and women aged 16 and older. The service is free and self-referrals are accepted. Session numbers are limited but negotiable according to need.
Some common reasons that people visit counsellors include:
- Strategies to reduce feelings of stress or anxiety
- Feeling overwhelmed or depressed
- Difficulty eating or sleeping
- Support when working towards personal goals
- Gaining assistance in decision making
- Managing overwhelming emotions
- Coping with traumatic experiences
- Relationship worries, including friends, partners and children
- Worries about another person that may not be coping
- Grief and loss
In addition to counselling, the general counsellors can provide referrals for clients to access other services when necessary.
How do I contact a General Counsellor?
Referrals to the general counsellor can be made during office hours, either personally at Colac Area Health Community Services reception, or by telephoning 5232 5100. Once you have made contact with the service, you will be added to the waitlist and will be contacted by reception when an initial appointment becomes available.