The Speech Pathology department works with people who have difficulty communicating or swallowing. We can provide services to adults and children (0 years – school entry).
What we do
We can assess and provide assistance with:
- Speech sounds
- Fluency (stuttering)
- Using language
- Understanding language
- Social communication
- Chewing and swallowing.
Who we care for
- Children (0 years – school entry)
- Adults living at home
- Nursing home residents
- Inpatients at Colac Area Health.
What to bring
Please bring any relevant reports to your first appointment. This may include:
- Hearing assessment reports
- Paediatrician reports
- Previous speech therapy reports
- Any other relevant information.
This service is supported by the Victorian Government and the Australian Government of Health