Speech Pathology

The Speech Pathology department works with people who have difficulty communicating or swallowing. We can provide services to adults and children (0 years – school entry).

What we do

We can assess and provide assistance with:

  • Speech sounds
  • Fluency (stuttering)
  • Using language
  • Understanding language
  • Social communication
  • Voice
  • Chewing and swallowing.

Who we care for

  • Children (0 years – school entry)
  • Adults living at home
  • Nursing home residents
  • Inpatients at Colac Area Health.

What to bring

Please bring any relevant reports to your first appointment. This may include:

  • Hearing assessment reports
  • Paediatrician reports
  • Previous speech therapy reports
  • Any other relevant information.

This service is supported by the Victorian Government and the Australian Government of Health


Speech Pathology
03 5232 5100



Monday to Friday
8:30 am to 4:30 pm


Also see: 


How to access this service
You can refer yourself or your child for speech therapy by:

Completing a form at Main Reception

Referrals from other service providers (eg GP, paediatrician, Maternal and Child Health Nurse) are also accepted.

If you are 65 Years old and over, or  identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander and are 50 years old or over, you will need a referral through My Aged Care to receive government subsidised services if they are not related to a period of rehabilitation or a specialist clinic service. You can contact My Aged Care through the website or by phone or request support from our staff to complete this referral.