Colac (03) 5232 5100
Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Occupational Therapy

Occupational Therapists help people who have difficulty carrying out everyday activities safely and independently. This may be due to physical, mental, developmental conditions or the effects of ageing.

What we do

Services provided increase the ability to carry out activities which may include:

  • Adapting the environment
  • Modifying tasks
  • Teaching new skills
  • Education and
  • Accessing support.

Assisting people to manage everyday activities such as:

  • Personal Activities of Daily Living (showering, dressing, toileting, grooming, eating, medication management)
  • Domestic Activities of Daily Living (cooking, cleaning, laundry, and gardening)
  • Disabilities (developmental and other)
  • Community Activities of Daily Living (transport, shopping, banking)
  • Equipment Prescription
  • Home Safety and Mobility Assessments
  • Motor scooter and Wheelchair Assessments
  • Functional mobility and transfers
  • Assessing and assisting people with memory changes
  • Organising personal safety alarms

Who we care for

We see people of all ages from birth onwards.

Commonly asked questions

How much does it cost?
There may be a small fee. Your Occupational Therapist will discuss this with you when you arrange an appointment. NDIS participants welcome. We do not see people through Workcover or TAC.

This service is supported by the Victorian Government and the Australian Government of Health


Main Reception
03 5232 5100



Monday to Friday
8:30 am to 5:00 pm 


Also see: 


How to access this service
Anyone can be referred to Occupational Therapy in writing or over the phone. Referrals can come from your GP or other health professional, a carer, a family member or even yourself.

If you are 65 Years old and over, or  identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander and are 50 years old or over, you will need a referral through My Aged Care to receive government subsidised services if they are not related to a period of rehabilitation or a specialist clinic service. You can contact My Aged Care through the website or by phone or request support from our staff to complete this referral.