What we do
The Horizon Specialist Family Violence Program offer confidential case management support to women and children experiencing family violence across the Colac Otway region.
This support may include assessing the level of risk and developing a safety plan, by undertaking a holistic assessment of needs and goals. Our case managers offer information and support for women to make informed choices, and work collaboratively with other services.
The Family Violence Case Management Program provides:
- Risk assessment and management
- Outreach support
- Support to obtain crisis accommodation or refuge
- Support and advocacy with your current housing provider to stabilise your tenancy (including support to make your home safe)
- Assistance to access other appropriate services that you identify including financial and material aid, health services and family support services
- Advocacy and liaison with government departments and agencies including police, courts, and legal services.
- Information and referrals to other support services including counselling
- Liaison with other services involved with a client or her children
- Court support in relation to family violence matters
- Support to work towards goals to live a life free from violence
How can you access the services?
Women and their children can be referred to the Specialist Family Violence Program by external services including The Orange Door.
Women can also self-refer to the service by contacting CAH Community Reception on (03) 5232 5100 and request to speak to a Horizon Family Violence Case Manager.
Options for immediate assistance:
If you are in danger, call 000.
Safe Steps is a 24/7 crisis phone line who can assist you find safety from family violence: 1800 015 188
Sexual Assault Crisis Line 24/7: 1800 806 292
1800 RESPECT is a free 24/7 family violence counselling and support service:1800 737 732