Colac Area Health is a unique, integrated health service model, situated in the foothills of the scenic Otway Ranges and close to the Surf Coast. With a catchment of about 30,000 people Colac Area Health meets the needs of those in the Corangamite, Colac Otway and Surf Coast Shires. Colac Area Health is comprised of Acute Care (Medical/Surgical/Maternity/Haemodialysis), Perioperative Services (Operating Suites/Day Surgery), Urgent Care, Cancer Treatment Centre, Community Nursing including Hospital in the Home, Post Acute Care and Palliative Care and an extensive range of Community Services.
To provide the graduate nurse with a supported year in a dynamic health service to facilitate the transition from tertiary student to a confident and competent Registered Nurse.
The number of positions available will vary each year
52 week program
Three rotations in areas such as:
- Acute Ward
- Community Nursing
- Urgent Care Centre
- Residential Aged Care
- Perioperative Services
Supernumary placement in areas such as:
- Midwifery Family Services
- Community Nursing
- Periop Services
Salary and Conditions
- Salary is in accordance with Nurses and Midwives – Victorian Public Sector EA 2020-2024
- Salary Packaging is available
- Colac Area Health provides services to staff, such as the social club, employee assistance program, immunisation and smoking cessation.
- Trained preceptors are available to provide support in the clinical environment
- Educators are available to provide clinical support, facilitate adaptation to your new role and meet your education needs with regular on-site education opportunities
- Education sessions that are specific to the needs of the graduate nurse are provided weekly
- Two set study days are provided on-site covering relevant topics
- Professional development through external education is also encouraged
- Online learning environment
A number of positions exist to enable nursing graduates to continue employment at Colac Area Health on completion of the graduate nurse program. These include post graduate courses in midwifery, perioperative services or emergency nursing.
- Apply to nursing PMCV Allocation and Placement Service by the due date, listing Colac Area Health as your preferred option
- Apply to Colac Area Health as per the application requirements
- A letter stating why you wish to participate in the graduate nurse program at Colac Area Health
- A concise curriculum vitae (no more than 3 pages) outlining relevant experience and three professional referees
- Two recent clinical evaluations (certified copies)
- Recent official transcript of results with key of result codes (certified copies)
- A photo to upload to Mercury e-recruit