Aimed at members of the community with concerns around falls and balance.
Your first appointment will be with the rehabilitation nurse, they will complete a falls risk assessment to help determine a care pathway which will best suit your needs.
This assessment looks at:
- Falls risk factors:
- Your falls history
- Your walking
- How you manage at home
- Sensory (eyes and feet)
We have a range of services and programs that could meet your needs.
Following the assessment you may be offered – The Falls Prevention Program
This is a 6 week program aimed at those at risk of falls (this program runs 6 times a year).
The aim of the program is to:
- Provide you with information on preventing falls
- Provide exercises to improve your strength and balance
- Help you keep independence at home
- Offer follow-up services when relevant
- Minimise your risk of falls at home and in the community
Education provided by:
- Occupational Therapist
- Continence nurse
The more you know about what impacts on your risk of falling and your safety at home the more confident you will be!
Referral to the Falls Prevention Program Assessment:
From any of the following
- My Aged Care Assessment
- Other health provider
- You can fill out a form at the Colac Area Health Reception or
- Call the Intake Team on 03 5232 5100
This service is supported by the Victorian Government and the Australian Government of Health